By John Watson, Roopesh Ramklass
By Ian Abramson, Michael Abbey, Michael Corey
- Созданиеи управление базами данных с помощью Oracle9i Database Configuration Assistant
- Мониторинг и настройка использования файлов, транзакций, запросов и памяти
- Реализация сегментов отката и системно-управляемый откат
- Перенос приложения и оперативный процесс изменения таблиц
- Диагностика и оптимизация эффективности системы с помощью STATSPACK
- Реализация процедур реального аудита и безопасности
- Операции автоматического резервного копирования и восстановления с помощью RMAN
- Реализация разделов для управления очень большими базами данных
- Распределение вычислительной мощности и совместное использование данных на серверах с помощью Oracle Net
- Применение служб Oracle9i/AS для улучшения гибкости, масштабируемости и доступности-
By Donald Bales
JDBC is the most important Java expertise for relational database entry. Oracle is arguably the main widespread relational database platform in the area. during this publication, Donald Bales brings those applied sciences jointly, and exhibits you ways to leverage the complete energy of Oracle's implementation of JDBC.
You commence via studying the all-important mysteries of building database connections. this is probably the most troublesome parts for programmers new to JDBC, and Donald covers it good with precise details and examples displaying tips on how to make database connections from purposes, applets, Servlets, or even from Java courses working in the database itself.
Next comes thorough insurance of JDBC's relational SQL gains. you will factor SQL statements and get effects again from the database, easy methods to learn and write info from huge, streaming info forms corresponding to BLOBs, CLOBs, and BFILEs, and you will tips on how to interface with Oracle's different integrated programming language, PL/SQL.
If you are taking good thing about the Oracle's quite new skill to create item tables and column items in keeping with user-defined datatypes, you may be proud of Don's thorough therapy of this topic. Don exhibits you the way to take advantage of JPublisher and JDBC to paintings seamlessly with Oracle database items from inside Java courses. you are going to additionally easy methods to entry nested tables and arrays utilizing JDBC.
Donald concludes the publication with a dialogue of transaction administration, locking, concurrency, and performance--topics that each expert JDBC programmer has to be widely used with. when you write Java courses to run opposed to an Oracle database, this ebook is a must-have.
By Grant Allen
Have you ever been confronted with a brand new form of question to jot down, or been requested to create an unexpected database item? In such occasions, you've most likely sought after an exceptional, reliable instance upon which to construct, and in its place were pressured into the drudgery of parsing railroad-style syntax diagrams in Oracle's guide set. This publication frees you from that drudgery by means of offering confirmed and dealing examples of SQL used to resolve universal difficulties confronted via builders and database directors every day. when you are stressed to get effects quickly, Oracle SQL Recipes is there at your side.
- Example-based, offering caliber ideas to daily difficulties
- Respects some time by way of placing suggestions first and protecting discussions brief
- Solves the main regularly encountered SQL difficulties
Combine excessive quantity info stream, complicated changes and real-time information integration with the powerful features of ODI during this sensible guide
- Discover the excellent and complicated orchestration of information integration projects made attainable with ODI, together with tracking and error-management
- Get to grips with the product structure and development info integration approaches with applied sciences together with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and XML files
- A complete educational full of information, photographs and top practices
Oracle info Integrator (ODI) is Oracle's strategic info integration platform for high-speed info transformation and stream among diversified structures. From high-volume, SOA-enabled facts prone, to trickle operations – ODI is a state of the art platform that gives heterogeneous connectivity, enterprise-level deployment, and powerful administrative, diagnostic, and administration capabilities.
"Getting began with Oracle facts Integrator 11g: A Hands-On educational" will give you every little thing you to wake up and operating with Oracle info Integrator, and extra! Following an instance situation, the ebook covers crucial information regarding the ODI structure and utilizing ODI throughout varied databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL), and dossier kinds equivalent to XML, ahead of overlaying Orchestrating information Integration Workflows, errors administration, Operational administration and tracking, and beyond.
"Getting began with Oracle info Integrator 11g: A Hands-On educational" starts off via describing the Oracle facts Integrator structure and educating you to put in the product following top practices. You’ll then be brought to a few of the most important innovations of ODI equivalent to the information Modules.
Later issues contain relocating and remodeling info from resources to goals together with the Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Flat documents, and XML documents, every one with illustrated hands-on examples for the various applied sciences. Your studying adventure may be made all of the extra wealthy with chapters introducing, explaining and leveraging extra ODI performance similar to variables, reusable approaches, transitority indexes and more.
Finally ODI's workflow and activity orchestration features are defined sooner than introducing you to mistakes administration with ODI's integrated 'error health center' and 'error recycling' features for non-compliant information, let alone tackling ODI Studio, ODI Console and company supervisor Fusion Middleware Control.
What you are going to research from this book
- Get to grips with many of the parts of the Oracle facts Integrator architecture
- Learn how you can set up ODI speedy and successfully utilizing instructed most sensible practices
- Orchestrate your info integration processing through designing ODI programs and scenarios
- Discover the way to boost ODI interfaces in an effort to easily stream info among servers and files
- Get the entire lowdown on either errors Processing and administration and Monitoring
- Give your wisdom a lift with in-depth insurance of a variety of info assets and pursuits together with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and XML files
- Master key ODI strategies like actual and Logical Architectures or the information Modules
- Take good thing about specialist suggestion from the authors’ mixed 15 years of ODI experience
"Getting began with Oracle facts Integrator 11g: A Hands-On educational" is a pragmatic instructional bursting with information, illustrations and real-world top practices to get you in your means with ODI.
Who this publication is for
If you're a software/ETL developer or database administrator who's new to Oracle info Integrator yet are looking to get hands-on with the product quick, then "Getting all started with Oracle facts Integrator 11g: A Hands-On educational" is for you. you will have a few event with databases, SQL and ETL technologies.
By Sitansu S. Mittra
Provides an awesome mixture of concept and perform, which permits the reader to appreciate the primary at the back of the application.; assurance of functionality tuning of datawarehouses bargains readers the foundations and instruments they should deal with huge reporting databases.; fabric can be utilized in a non-Oracle setting; hugely skilled writer.
By April C Sims
By Chris Ostrowski
The final Oracle software Server Portal Resource
Build dynamic, feature-rich company portals utilizing Oracle program Server Portal and the professional details during this particular Oracle Press advisor. you will find out how to maximize the features of Oracle program Server Portal, customise your portals, combine Oracle types and Oracle reviews, and upload Java performance. Oracle program Server Portal Handbook covers the entire layout, administration, and security measures to be had in Oracle program Server Portal 10.1.4 along real-world solutions.
Take complete good thing about the integrated instruments and wizards
Create wealthy end-user reviews fast and easily
- Customize pages and preserve site-wide consistency utilizing HTML templates
Incorporate information from disparate codecs utilizing Oracle program Server Portal's content material administration features
Build pages utilizing OmniPortlet and the net clipping studio
Write portlets with Java and Oracle JDeveloper
Implement SOA-based functions to attach enterprise processes
Administer, music, and safe Oracle program Server Portal
Integrate Oracle varieties, Oracle experiences, and Oracle Discoverer workbooks
By Jared Still, Karen Morton, Robyn Sands, Riyaj Shamsudeen, Kerry Osborne
Pro Oracle SQL, moment Edition unlocks the facility of SQL within the Oracle database—one of the main powerful SQL implementations out there this present day. To grasp it calls for a multi-pronged method: research the language good points, find out how and why the language good points paintings, examine the helping gains that Oracle offers to aid use the language successfully, and discover ways to imagine and paintings in sets.
Karen Morton has up to date the content material for Oracle model 12c and is helping you grasp robust facets of Oracle SQL from the inside-out. You’ll examine analytic capabilities, the version clause, and complex grouping syntax—features that might assist in developing solid queries for reporting and enterprise intelligence functions. Pro Oracle SQL, moment Edition additionally is helping you reduce parsing overhead, learn execution plans, try out for proper effects, comprehend functionality administration, and exert keep an eye on over SQL execution on your database. You’ll examine whilst to create indexes, find out how to confirm that they make a distinction, easy methods to use SQL Baselines and Profiles to optimize and stabilize SQL execution plans, and lots more and plenty extra. You’ll additionally know the way SQL is optimized for operating in units, and that the major to getting actual effects lies in to ensure that queries ask transparent and unique questions.
Pro Oracle SQL, moment Edition is helping you're employed at a really expert point within the Oracle dialect of SQL. You’ll grasp the language, the instruments to paintings successfully with the language, and easy methods to take into consideration an issue in SQL.
• counseled via the OakTable community, a gaggle of Oracle technologists famous for his or her rigorous and clinical method of Oracle Database performance
• Comprehensive—goes past the language with a spotlight on what you want to understand to put in writing winning queries and information manipulation statements.
• functionality focused—teaches you the way to degree the functionality of your SQL statements and never simply the syntax.
What you’ll learn
• grasp strong SQL good points applied within the Oracle Database
• know the way the Oracle Optimizer develops execution plans
• learn and interpret SQL execution plans
• quick diagnose and attach badly acting SQL
• keep an eye on execution plans via tricks, profiles, and plan baselines
• Optimize queries inside packaged purposes with no touching the code
• realize whilst to not waste time on SQL that's appearing optimally
Who this booklet is for
Pro Oracle SQL, moment Edition is geared toward builders and database directors who post SQL for execution by way of an Oracle database. Readers may still already be aware of the elemental 4 SQL statements, and manage to research deeply approximately Oracle’s particular implementation of the language, together with Oracle-specific beneficial properties and syntax. Readers must also are looking to know about Oracle Database beneficial properties resembling analytic queries, the version clause, and the WITH clause (subquery factoring) which are designed to assist builders and database directors exert keep an eye on over their SQL atmosphere and its execution.