By Zbigniew W. Kundzewicz
This quantity includes an summary of traditional and nonorthodox equipment of representing and interpreting elements of uncertainty in hydrology and water assets. subject matters lined contain: fractals, deterministic chaos, danger and reliability comparable standards, fuzzy units, development reputation, random fields, time sequence, stochastic modeling, outliers detection, nonparametric equipment, info measures, and neural networks. Many new issues are mentioned that make this booklet rather useful, and so they comprise multifractals (applied to rain), a Bayesian relative info degree as a device for reading the outputs of normal stream types, and a stochastic climate generator utilizing atmospheric stream styles as a method to guage weather switch.
Read or Download New Uncertainty Concepts in Hydrology and Water Resources (International Hydrology Series) PDF
Similar hydrology books
This is often the 1st whole account of the physics of the creep and fracture of ice, and their interconnectivity. It investigates the deformation of low-pressure ice, that's primary to glaciers, polar ice sheets and the uppermost zone of icy moons of the outer sunlight approach. The ebook discusses ice constitution and its defects, and describes the connection among constitution and mechanical houses.
A wide quarter of coastal waters within the northern Gulf of Mexico stories seasonal stipulations of low degrees of dissolved oxygen, a situation often called hypoxia. extra discharge of nutrition into the Gulf of Mexico from the Mississippi and Atchafalaya rivers explanations nutrient overenrichment within the gulf's coastal waters and stimulates the expansion of huge algae blooms.
- Floods in a Changing Climate: Inundation Modelling (International Hydrology Series)
- Scale Dependence and Scale Invariance in Hydrology
- River Mechanics
- An Introduction to Mine Hydrogeology (SpringerBriefs in Water Science and Technology)
- Water for Agriculture: Irrigation Economics in International Perspective (Spon's Environmental Science and Engineering)
Extra info for New Uncertainty Concepts in Hydrology and Water Resources (International Hydrology Series)
Reliability of the results depends largely on the adequacy of the mathematical model available for transformation of rainfall into runoff. The idea of rainfall-runoff models has been developed for areas of humid or moderate climates. Therefore most of these models function satisfactorily under such climatic conditions and may not account for the processes of water losses, essential in the Lake Eyre basin, with sufficiently good accuracy. Although it is believed that the particular rainfall-runoff model used (RORB3, cf.
Nagel, H. (1944) Kalender der Grofiwetterlagen Europas 1881-1939, Bad Homburg. Bowman, K. O. & Shenton, L. R. (1989) Properties of Estimators for the Gamma Distribution, Marcel Dekker, New York. Bras, R. S. & Rodriguez-Iturbe, I. (1985) Random Functions in Hydrology, Addison-Wesley. Burger, K. (1958) Zur Klimatologie der Grofiwetterlagen, Berichte des Deutschen Wetterdienstes Nr. 45, Bd. 6, Selbstverlag des Deutschen Wetterdienstes, Offenbach a. Main. , Fogel, M. & Kisiel, C. C. (1972) A stochastic model of runoff producing rainfall for summer type storms, Water Resour.
9. The final correlation coefficient p was then calculated as a weighted sum of the individual pt values. 215. After the model parameters were estimated, the same two series of circulation patterns were used for rainfall simulation. Different statistics were calculated to evaluate the model results. Fig. 3 shows the autocorrelation functions for winter. Fig. 4 shows the observed and the simulated distributions of dry periods. Temperature Table 2 gives, as an example, the deviations of winter (December, January and February) mean daily temperatures 30 II FACETS OF UNCERTAINTY Table 2.