By Ondrej Slaby, George A. Calin
This is the 1st booklet to supply a vast framework for acquiring a close knowing of the state of the art wisdom on abnormalities of non-coding RNAs came upon to be linked to colorectal melanoma pathogenesis. Readers will notice attainable mechanisms underlying the mammoth roles performed via non-coding RNAs in molecular hallmarks of colorectal melanoma.
This paintings additional presents the great evaluate and novel insights into utilizing of non-coding RNAs as colorectal melanoma biomarkers permitting early detection of the sickness, prognostic stratification of the sufferers and prediction of healing reaction.
The reader is brought to the review of recent non-coding RNAs-based healing options, and precis in their preclinical checking out played in colorectal melanoma. The paintings is written for researchers who are looking to discover present country of the information during this attention-grabbing box of molecular oncology.
Read Online or Download Non-coding RNAs in Colorectal Cancer (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology) PDF
Similar molecular biology books
The writer provides a easy creation to the area of genetic engineering. a few 20 years have handed because the first recombinant DNA molecules have been built at Stanford collage. Genetic engineering is now a fact and this e-book easily and concisely describes to the coed the total diversity of allowing applied sciences to be had.
In 1809 -- the yr of Charles Darwin's beginning -- Jean-Baptiste Lamarck released Philosophie zoologique, the 1st accomplished and systematic conception of organic evolution. The Lamarckian procedure emphasizes the new release of developmental diversifications; Darwinism stresses choice. Lamarck's rules have been ultimately eclipsed through Darwinian strategies, specifically after the emergence of the fashionable Synthesis within the 20th century.
Epigenetics is taken into account by means of many to be the "new genetics" end result of the overwhelming proof of the contribution of non-genetic components comparable to nutrients, setting, and chemical publicity on gene expression. the results of epigenetics are great, together with tissue/organ regeneration, X-chromosome inactivation, and stem cellphone differentiation and genomic imprinting and getting older.
The issues ebook is helping scholars delight in the ways that experiments and straightforward calculations can result in an figuring out of ways cells paintings via introducing the experimental starting place of mobilephone and molecular biology. each one bankruptcy reports key words, exams for realizing simple strategies, and poses research-based difficulties.
- Statistics in Molecular Biology and Genetics: Selected Proceedings of a 1997 Joint Ams-Ims-Siam Summer Conference on Statistics in Molecular Biology (Lecture Notes-Monograph Series, V. 33)
- Human Mast Cells, 1st Edition
- G Protein-Coupled Receptors in Energy Homeostasis and Obesity Pathogenesis, Volume 114 (Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science)
- Counting Molecules Within Cells (Colloquium series on Quantitative Cell Biology)
Additional info for Non-coding RNAs in Colorectal Cancer (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
38. Molina-Pinelo S, Carnero A, Rivera F, EstevezGarcia P, Bozada JM, Limon ML, et al. MiR-107 and miR-99a-3p predict chemotherapy response in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:656. 39. Yang L, Belaguli N, Berger DH. MicroRNA and colorectal cancer. World J Surg. 2009;33(4):638–46. 40. Gong J, Zhang JP, Li B, Zeng C, You K, Chen MX, et al. MicroRNA-125b promotes apoptosis by regulating the expression of Mcl-1, Bcl-w and IL-6R. Oncogene. 2013;32(25):3071–9. 41. Fish JE, Santoro MM, Morton SU, Yu S, Yeh RF, Wythe JD, et al.
33. 41 differentiation stages of cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104(27):11400–5. Akao Y, Nakagawa Y, Naoe T. let-7 microRNA functions as a potential growth suppressor in human colon cancer cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29(5):903–6. Han HB, Gu J, Zuo HJ, Chen ZG, Zhao W, Li M, et al. Let-7c functions as a metastasis suppressor by targeting MMP11 and PBX3 in colorectal cancer. J Pathol. 2012;226(3):544–55. Kjersem JB, Ikdahl T, Guren T, Skovlund E, Sorbye H, Hamfjord J, et al. Let-7 miRNA-binding site polymorphism in the KRAS 3'UTR; colorectal cancer screening population prevalence and influence on clinical outcome in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin +/− cetuximab.
E. patients with a higher HOTAIR expression had higher recurrence rates and less metastasis-free and shorter overall survival relative to those who with lower level of HOTAIR expression. More interestingly, the increased expression of HOTAIR had a limited effect on cell proliferation in vitro, despite it could significantly promote cancer cell migration and invasion. A depletion of HOTAIR induced the expression of E-cadherin while concomitantly suppressing the expression of vimentin and MMP9, suggesting that HOTAIR may play a crucial role in EMT of colon cancer .