By David L. Rimoin, Reed E. Pyeritz
Textual content with always up to date on-line Reference! the main definitive and depended on reference in clinical genetics is back-complete with cutting-edge website! The 5th version of this accomplished but useful source emphasizes software in addition to the idea of scientific genetics around the complete spectrum of inherited issues. Get professional medical recommendation and tips from over 250 of the world's such a lot depended on specialists in scientific genetics. The E-dition positive factors the fifth variation of the textbook, extra new pictures, weekly updates, and extra! With the newest info on prenatal analysis, genetic screening, genetic counseling, and therapy techniques, rules and perform of clinical Genetics should be a useful medical device for the practising physician.
- Bridges the distance among high-level molecular genetics and person software with useful, clinically orientated information.
- Includes info on research, interpretation, strength difficulties, and different concerns that without delay relate to the practising geneticist.
- Addresses delicate concerns that could be encountered in perform like provider screening, prediction, confidentiality, legal responsibility, and more.
- Features contributions from many new authors―The "best and brightest" within the box.
- Contains a wealth of recent details at the human genome, the genetic and molecular foundation of sickness, and lots more and plenty more.
- Regular updates from specialists within the box, so Emery and Rimoin's remains present yr after year.
- The complete textual content and illustrations - absolutely searchable - to save lots of time while searching for a truth quickly.
- An picture library, downloadable to PowerPoint, to reinforce displays or lectures.
- Medline-linked references and direct hyperlinks to full-text articles, the place on hand, to extend entry to special research.
- Drug info from Mosby's Drug seek advice . . . and lots more and plenty more.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website until eventually the subsequent variation is released, or until eventually the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market through Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the subsequent variation is released lower than 12 months after your buy, you may be entitled to on-line entry for three hundred and sixty five days out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the ideal to supply an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Emery and Rimoin's Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics e-dition: Continually Updated Online Reference, 3-Volume Set, 5e (Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics (Emery & Rimoin)) PDF
Similar Medicine books
You're already residing it.
used to be diabetes evolution's reaction to the final Ice Age? Did a dangerous genetic disorder support our ancestors live on the bubonic plagues of Europe? Will a stopover at to the suntan salon aid decrease your ldl cholesterol? Why will we age? Why are a few humans resistant to HIV? Can your genes be grew to become on -- or off?
becoming a member of the ranks of contemporary fable busters, Dr. Sharon Moalem turns our present figuring out of disorder on its head and demanding situations us to essentially swap the way in which we expect approximately bodies, our wellbeing and fitness, and our dating to nearly another dwelling factor on the earth, from crops and animals to bugs and micro organism.
via a clean and interesting exam of our evolutionary background, Dr. Moalem finds what percentage of the stipulations which are ailments this day really gave our ancestors a leg up within the survival sweepstakes. while the choice is a longevity with a ailment or a quick one with out it, evolution opts for disorder virtually whenever.
every thing from the weather our ancestors lived in to the plants they planted and ate to their beverage of selection may be noticeable in our genetic inheritance. yet Survival of the Sickest doesn't cease there. It is going directly to reveal simply how little glossy drugs fairly is aware approximately human future health, and provides a brand new frame of mind that may support we all stay longer, more fit lives.
Survival of the Sickest is full of attention-grabbing insights and state of the art study, awarded in a manner that's either available and completely soaking up. it is a booklet concerning the interconnectedness of all lifestyles on the earth -- and, specially, what that implies for us.
The resident-to-resident insider's advisor to ABSITE luck Written by means of citizens from best surgical procedure courses who aced the yank Board of surgical procedure In-Training examination, and edited by means of Tao Le, writer of First reduction for the USMLE Step 1 and diverse different First relief titles, First reduction for the ABSITE covers the entire must-know easy technology AND medical surgical procedure subject matters in a single overall research package deal.
A step by step consultant to the prognosis and administration of the endocrine surgical procedure sufferer A Doody's middle identify for 2011! "This is a wanted reference that are supposed to be a part of any surgical resident's library. three Stars. "--Doody's evaluation provider "The authors have basically succeeded in synthesizing a really useful and reader-friendly handbook of 21st-century endocrine surgical procedure.
The fitting quickly reference at the wards and within the sanatorium! The well-known "one ailment in step with web page" layout! present necessities of drugs is a pragmatic, point-of-care pocket instruction manual that gives "nutshell" info at the prognosis and therapy of greater than 500 scientific issues noticeable in either fundamental care and sanatorium settings.
Extra info for Emery and Rimoin's Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics e-dition: Continually Updated Online Reference, 3-Volume Set, 5e (Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics (Emery & Rimoin))
139. Ford, C. E. ; Hamerton, J. C. The Chromosomes of guy. Nature 1956, 178, 1020–1023. a hundred and forty. Antonarakis, S. E. ; McKusick, V. A. OMIM Passes the 1000-Disease-Gene Mark. Nat. Genet. 2000, 25, eleven. 141. Lyon, M. F. Gene motion within the X-Chromosome of the Mouse (Mus musculus). Nature 1961, a hundred ninety, 372–373. 142. Lyon, M. F. intercourse Chromatin and Gene motion within the Mammalian X-Chromosome. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1962, 14, 135–148. 38 bankruptcy 1 historical past of clinical Genetics 143. McKusick, V. A. Mendelian Inheritance in guy; OMIM, twelfth ed. 1998; to be had at: 1st ed. ; Johns Hopkins college Press: Baltimore, 1966http://www. ncbi. nih. nlm. gov/omim. one hundred forty four. McKusick, V. A. Mendelian Inheritance in guy, twelfth ed. ; Johns Hopkins collage Press: Baltimore, 1998. a hundred forty five. Fields, C. ; Adams, M. D. ; White, O. ; Venter, J. C. what percentage Genes within the Human Genome. Nat. Genet. 1994, 7, 345–346. 146. Goldstein, J. L. ; Brown, M. S. The LDL Receptor Locus and the Genetics of Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Annu. Rev. Genet. 1979, thirteen, 259–289. 147. Knudson, A. G. , Jr. Mutation and melanoma: Statistical examine of Retinoblastoma. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1971, sixty eight, 820–823. 148. Adams, M. D. ; Kelly, J. M. ; Gocayne, J. D. , et al. Complementary DNA Sequencing: Expressed series Tags and Human Genome venture. technology 1991, 252, 1651–1656. 149. Lockhart, D. J. ; Winzeler, E. A. Genomics, Gene Expression and DNA Arrays. Nature 2000, 405, 827–836. a hundred and fifty. Müller-Hill, B. In Murderous technology, Trans; Fraser, G. R. , Ed. ; Oxford collage Press: Oxford, 1998. 151. Farmer, J. B. ; Moore, J. E. S. at the Maiotic part (Reduction Divisions) in Animals and vegetation. Q J. Microsc. Sci. 1905, forty eight, 489. 152. Flemming, W. Zellsubstanz, Kern & Zelltheilung; FCW Vogel: Leipzig, 1882. additional interpreting Adams, J. A Treatise at the intended Hereditary houses of ailments; Callow: London, 1814. Bishop, J. E. ; Waldholz, M. Genome: the tale of the main brilliant clinical experience of Our Time—The try and Map the entire Genes of the Human physique; Simon & Schuster: ny, 1990. Carlson, E. A. Mendel’s Legacy: The beginning of Classical Genetics; chilly Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: chilly Spring Harbor, big apple, 2004. Crow, J. F. ; Dove, W. F. views on Genetics: Anecdotal, historic and important Commentaries, 1987–1998; The college of Wisconsin Press: Madison, 2000. Dunn, L. C. a quick background of Genetics: the improvement of a few of the most traces of inspiration, 1864–1939; McGrawHill: big apple, 1965, (Reissued by means of Iowa country college Press, 1991. ). Landmarks in scientific Genetics: vintage Papers with Commentaries; Harper, P. S. , Ed. ; Oxford college Press: Oxford, 2004. Harper, P. S. First Years of Human Chromosomes: The Beginnings of Human Cytogenetics; Scion: Oxford, 2006. Harper, P. S. a brief heritage of clinical Genetics; Oxford college Press, 2008. Harris, H. The Cells of the physique: A historical past of Somatic mobile Genetics; chilly Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: chilly Spring Harbor, long island, 1995. Hsu, T. C. Human and Mammalian Cytogenetics: An historic viewpoint; Springer-Verlag: long island, 1979. Guethlein, L. A. The Bar Harbor path: A 30-Year Veteran within the educating of Human Genetics.